Local government is under increasing pressure to deliver services in the face of reduced funding from central government. As local government spends approximately £12bn a year on common goods and services we are working closely with customers to ensure our deals can help you meet the challenges of reduced funding by delivering better value for money through effective and efficient procurement.
Our strategy focuses on:
- Developing strategic relationships with the Pro5 Group, local authorities, SOPO, the Local Government Improvement & Development Group, the Local Government Commissioning Group and the Local Government Association to explore how we can work together to the benefit of all local government organisations.
- Establishing a local government customer steering group to ensure we receive your direct feedback and you can input into new procurements.
- Delivering expert sourcing and category management.
- Ensuring our local government customers recognise us as their procurement partner of choice.
- Helping you to identify savings opportunities and transition spend.
- Providing data management to improve visibility to help control spend and monitor compliance.
- Improved, easy access to our deals through eProcurement tools.
- Delivering savings through arrangements which focus on aggregation of volumes, standardisation of specifications, rationalisation of core product lists and demand management.
- Proactive supplier management to ensure performance delivery and best prices.
- Developing savings methodologies which are approved by Cabinet Office.
- Dedicated relationship managers provide you with a single point of contact.
- Our relationship managers will work directly with you to help you transition to our agreements.
- Progress reports on spend, savings, supplier performance and customer satisfaction.
- Our customer steering group will ensure you have a voice and our procurements meet the specific needs of local government.
If you are not sure who your relationship manager is please get in touch by calling our customer service desk on 0345 410 2222.