The NHS needs to identify £15-£20bn of efficiency savings by the end of 2013/14. As approximately 50% of the £16bn of non-pay spend is on non-medical, non-clinical goods and services we are working closely with our health customers to ensure our deals can help you meet this savings target.
As well as our wide range of frameworks for common goods and services we have a number of frameworks designed specifically with our health customers in mind, such as:
- Agency Nurses
- Locum Doctors
- Allied Health Professionals and Health Science Services Staff
- Laundry & Linen Services including hire of CE marked reusable barrier theatre textiles
Our strategy focuses on:
- Working closely with Quality, Innovation Productivity and Prevention (QIPP) to ensure all health customers know how we can help drive down costs.
- Working closely with NHS Supply Chain and NHS Business Services Authority to explore how we can work together to the benefit of the NHS.
- Delivering expert sourcing and category management.
- Ensuring our health customers recognise us as their procurement partner of choice.
- Helping the NHS to identify savings opportunities and transition spend.
- Providing data management to improve visibility to help control spend and monitor compliance.
- Improved, easy access to our deals through eProcurement tools.
- Delivering savings through arrangements which focus on aggregation of volumes, standardisation of specifications, rationalisation of core product lists and demand management.
- Proactive supplier management to ensure performance delivery and best prices.
- Developing savings methodologies which are approved by Cabinet Office.
- Dedicated relationship managers provide the Department of Health and the NHS with a single point of contact.
- Our relationship managers will work directly with you to help you transition to our agreements.
- An NHS Customer Board meets regularly to help ensure engagement at all levels across the NHS.
- Progress reports on spend, savings, supplier performance and customer satisfaction.
If you are not sure who your relationship manager is please get in touch by calling our customer service desk on 0345 410 2222.