Spending on common goods and services is over £9bn per year in Scotland, c.£4bn per year in Wales and c.£2.2bn per year in Northern Ireland.
Devolved administrations are under increasing pressure to deliver services in the face of reduced funding from central government and we are working closely with customers to ensure our deals can help you meet the challenges faced by delivering better value for money, and sustainable and efficient procurement solutions.
Scotland: The Scottish Government develops and implements policy, and is accountable to the Scottish Parliament.
Wales: The Welsh Assembly Government develops and implements policy, and is answerable to the National Assembly.
Northern Ireland: The Northern Ireland Executive is responsible for many issues, including economic and social matters, agriculture and rural development, culture, arts, education, health, social services and public safety.
The UK government remains responsible for national policy on all matters that have not been devolved, including foreign affairs, defence, social security, macro-economic management and trade.
Our strategy focuses on:
- Developing strategic relationships with the Procurement Centres of Expertise:
- Scotland: Scottish Procurement, Scotland Excel, NHS NP (Scotland), APUC.
- Wales: Value Wales, NHS Wales and local authorities.
- Northern Ireland: CPD NI, NIHE, NHS NI and local authorities.
- Establishing a customer steering group to ensure we receive your direct feedback and you can input into new procurements.
- Delivering expert sourcing and category management.
- Ensuring all devolved administration customers recognise us as the procurement partner of choice.
- Helping you to identify savings opportunities and transition spend.
- Providing data management to improve visibility to help control spend and monitor compliance.
- Improved, easy access to our deals through eProcurement tools.
- Delivering savings through arrangements which focus on aggregation of volumes, standardisation of specifications, rationalisation of core product lists and demand management.
- Proactive supplier management to ensure performance delivery and best prices.
- Developing savings methodologies which are approved by Cabinet Office.
- A dedicated relationship manager provides you with a single point of contact.
- Your relationship manager will work directly with you to help you transition to our agreements.
- Progress reports on spend, savings, supplier performance and customer satisfaction.
- Our customer steering group will ensure you have a voice and our procurements meet the specific needs of devolved administrations.
The Relationship Manager for devolved administrations is Paul Hansen. Please get in touch by calling our customer service desk on 0345 410 2222.