Buy from a catalogue
Procurement through a catalogue on Government eMarketplace offers many benefits including:
- Reduced costs through aggregation - the available catalogues are based on aggregated contracts, often with committed volumes, that help to drive down prices.
- Reduced transactional costs - once signed up for Government eMarketplace you can buy online with a range of access modules from fully integrated, where the transaction is processed through your P2P solution, to a 'pay as you go' module where the transaction is paid for with a procurement card.
- Rapid implementation - once an organisation is set up and users are registered you can log on and start buying immediately from the central catalogues.
- No catalogue management required - Government Procurement will manage the content of all centralised contracts and catalogues, removing the overhead from individual Departments.
- Eliminate paper-based ordering - suppliers are already eEnabled and receive their purchase orders electronically.
- Safe and secure ordering - the Government eMarketplace is supported by the Cabinet Office. It is accredited to HMG Level 2 or IL2 and it can be accessed directly over the Internet or via GSi or N3.
- No upfront set up charges - modules 1 and 2 are available through a tiered transaction fee and modules 3, 4, and 5 are available via an annual subscription.
- Strategic procurement - the use of central deals will free up resources so you can concentrate on strategic procurement, helping you to operate within reduced budgets.
The philosophy behind the Government eMarketplace is the more organisations spend through the system, the more they save. You benefit from savings generated from better negotiated commercial arrangements, through the aggregation and standardisation of requirements and the system brings together two electronic procurement tools that enable you to access the centrally managed contracts and transact as necessary. The functionality provided includes the a catalogue tool where you can buy directly online. It also offers you the opportunity to get quick quotes for low value services (below the OJEU threshold) through Dynamic Marketplace, making it easier for you to engage with suppliers, especially SMEs.
Further information on the modules of access and guidance on Government eMarketplace is available below.
A list of available catalogues is available below.