Contract ID: RM1006
Start Date: 02/01/2013
End Date: 02/01/2016
The Courier Services framework agreement has been developed by HM Revenue & Customs on behalf of Government Procurement Service for use by all public sector organisations. It is divided into the following lots:
- Lot 1: Same Day - National
- Lot 2: Next Day
- Lot 3: International
- Lot 4: Dangerous/Hazardous Goods
- Lot 5: Secure Services (including cash)
- Lot 6; Mail Screening
- Lot 7: Same Day - Regional
The framework is serviced by 21 service providers.
- Supports the wider Centralised Procurement strategy for courier services
- A mix of established suppliers and emerging Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) - 57% of suppliers are SMEs
- Covers the service gaps left by the disbanded Government Car & Despatch Agency i.e. Government Mail, Mail Screening and ‘Regional Plus’
- The regional lot aids customers’ ability to contract directly with local suppliers via a compliant, centralised vehicle
- Offers a range of specialist providers capable of shipping a variety of consignments including dangerous/hazardous goods, firearms and cash
- The lot and charging schedule structure facilitates direct awards
- Enables work to be placed with the right suppliers rather than relying on subcontracting
- Allows the running of further competitions for disparate requirements over the whole framework
- Award was based on an evaluation panel formed of both category managers and subject experts from Central Government and the wider public sector providing both commercial and technical assurance that the services provided will deliver value for money.
Please read the framework summary document which provides:
- An overview of services that can be provided under the framework
- A supplier matrix of successful framework service providers and their contact details
- Service provider profiles
- A means of signing up to the framework via an access agreement
- A copy of the ‘call off’ process and procedure.
The framework summary document can also be viewed in the documents tab. Please note that the successful service providers’ tender results and rates will be made available to customers upon completion of the framework access agreement.
We are currently working with the suppliers to agree the savings methodology and details of this will be made available to customers once they have signed the access agreement.
This framework agreement for Courier services has been developed as part of the Office Solutions Centralised Procurement strategy to replace the previous GPS Courier Framework agreement (RM465).
As a prime user of courier services, the framework agreement has been developed on behalf of GPS by HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC), working in conjunction with several stakeholders from Central Government and the wider public sector.
The service requirements were developed following a series of workshops with customers and suppliers to ensure the necessary range of services would be available from the framework.
The evaluation panel was formed of category managers and subject specialists across both Central Government and the wider public sector. Evaluators represented the following organisations: HM Revenue and Customs, Department for Work and Pensions, Home Office, Foreign Commonwealth Office, Department for Education, Cabinet Office, Ministry of Justice, Identity and Passport Service, Department for Environment Food and Rural Affairs, NHS Blood and Transplant, Health Protection Agency, Crown Prosecution Service, HM Courts and Tribunal Service, Hampshire Police, Association of Chief Police Officers and The Planning Inspectorate.
HMRC provide a centralised category management team to assist customers with identifying the best deals available by promoting a best practice regime for the ordering of courier services.
|Lot Number||Lot Name||Lot Category||Number of Suppliers||Contract Expiry|
|All lots||21 - click here to view suppliers|
|1||Same Day - National||Office||3 - click here to view suppliers||02/01/2016|
|2||Next Day||Office||4 - click here to view suppliers||02/01/2016|
|3||International||Office||3 - click here to view suppliers||02/01/2016|
|4||Dangerous / Hazardous Goods||Office||5 - click here to view suppliers||02/01/2016|
|5||Secure Services (including Cash)||Office||5 - click here to view suppliers||02/01/2016|
|6||Mail Screening||Office||3 - click here to view suppliers||02/01/2016|
|7||Same Day - Regional||Office||17 - click here to view suppliers||02/01/2016|
Framework Manager Contact Details
Gina Holt or Robert Dyson
0161 827 0972 or 0161 827 0385